Do you still remember Monsters, Inc. or Monsters University? Yes, those two are the huge success from Disney/Pixar where the first movie gained almost $600 million in 2001 and the latter raked in $ 744.2 million in 2013. Now Disney+, an upcoming service from Disney Company, will release a TV series about these Monsters, entitled: Monsters at Work in 2020.
This series will be closely related to the first Monsters, Inc. movie, or in fact, the story is at the same time as this movie. It is about Tylor Tuskmon, a youthful mechanic on the Monsters, Inc. who dreams to work with his idols, the main figures of the previous movies, Mike and Sully. He appears in yellow-skin and thin-tall body, giving a distinctive look from those two. His eager character also promises exciting adventures during the series.
- Val Little (voiced by Kelly Marie Tran) – Tylor’s best friend.
- Fritz (voiced by Henry Winkler) – Tylor’s boss.
- Bernard (voiced by John Ratzenberger) –
- Roze (voiced by Bob Peterson) – Roz’s twin sister.
- Duncan (voiced by Lucas Neff) – A plumber who takes advantage of any opportunity he can seize on.
- Cutter (voiced by Alanna Ubach) –
- Smitty and Needleman (voiced by Stephen Stanton) – Two Monsters, Inc. workers that operate the Door Shredder.
- Millie Tuskmon (voiced by Aisha Tyler) – Tylor’s mother.
The series of course also involves the earlier characters with the same casts:
- James P. “Sulley” Sullivan (voiced by John Goodman) – The CEO of Monsters, Inc.
- Mike Wazowski (voiced by Billy Crystal) – The partner and best friend of Sulley.
- Yeti (voiced by John Ratzenberger) – A monster who was previously exiled to the Himalayas.
- Celia Mae (voiced by Jennifer Tilly) – The one-eyed and snake-haired girlfriend of Mike.
- Roz (voiced by Bob Peterson) – The Leader of the CDA who previously was undercover as a secretary at Monsters, Inc.
While it is very possible and easy for Disney to produce another movie on the Monsters, it is assumed to be postponed due to the current play of Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2. With only seven dollars per month to watch the series, it is believed to be able to increase the subscription of Disney+.