This can happen because the Viper is not too strong, and the players feel disadvantaged wanting to play it. So, that’s why Riot Games in this update patch makes Viper even stronger.
Valorant Patch 2.06 Highlight Notes
Being strong alone means that Viper gets various improvements to his abilities. Like more bites to the cloud of poison and make the smoke grenades more maneuverable. For more complete information about this latest patch, you can see the explanation below.
- Toxin (passive)
- Enemies that cross through Viper’s Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, or Viper’s Pit are instantly inflicted with at least 50 decay. Their decay level increases the longer they remain in contact with toxin.
- While in cloud, Decay over time decreased 15 >>> 10
- When out of Viper’s cloud, delay before health regen decreased 2.5 >>> 1.5
- Poison Cloud (Q)
- Can now immediately be redeployed when picked up, but grants a temporary charge instead of a permanent charge
- If active when Viper dies, Poison Cloud now remains up for an additional 2 seconds, or until Viper runs out of fuel.
- Pickup distance increased 200 >>> 400
- Toxic Screen (E)
- If active when Viper dies, Toxic Screen now remains up for an additional 2 seconds before deactivating
- Full blind distance from the wall increased to better match the blind distance from the edge of smokes
- Snakebite (C)
- Equip time decreased 1.1 >>> .8
- Blindside (Q)
- Flash activation time decreased 0.8>>> 0.6 seconds
- Flash duration increased from 1.1>>>1.5
- Gatecrash (E)
- Gatecrash is no longer refreshed on kills and is instead replenished every 35 seconds
- Lifetime of the Gatecrash fragment increased 20 seconds >>> 30 seconds
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is revealed from stealth decreased 7m >>> 4m
- Visuals for visibility range added to the moving fragment
- Dimensional Drift (X)
- Ult Points reduced 7 >>> 6
- Yoru can now reactivate Gatecrash while in Dimensional Drift
- Primary fire (left-click) bullet spread decreased 3.4 >>> 2.6
- Decreased spread on Alt-fire (right-click) 3.4 >>> 2.0
- Updated damage curve for both primary and alt-fire: 0m–8m is 20dmg per pellet, 8m–12m is 12dmg per pellet, beyond 12m is 9dmg per pellet
- Reduced amount of pellets in a right click shot from 15 >>> 5
After Viper, Yoru, and Bucky’s rifle got a major rework from Valorant Patch 2.06 here, are you curious about what it’s like to use a character along with these weapons? If so, immediately play Valorant and feel the difference.